To be considered for funding, organizations must:
- Have nonprofit, tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) or 509(a) of the IRS Code and be in good standing.
- Be located in or provide service to communities within Foundation Service Area.
What we look for in an applicant organization:
- Fiscal stability
- Address community needs related to our funding priorities
- Established leadership/governance
- Diverse board and staff; reflective of the community being served
When reviewing proposals, preference is given to funding opportunities/initiatives that:
- Make efforts to collaborate with other groups providing similar programs or services
- Include financial commitments from a variety of sources
- Utilize an effective evaluation plan specific to the proposed funding opportunity/initiative.
- Demonstrate measurable goals and outcomes
LEGENDS Urban Wear does not provide funding for the following: Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, age or religion.